ANYONE wishing to stand for election as one of five community representatives on the Cairngorms National Park Authority Board has until 4pm on Wednesday 15 February 2023 to lodge their nomination papers.
One community member is elected for each of the 5 wards within the national park area:
- Ward 1 – Highland/Perth & Kinross, (main communities – Blair Atholl, Dalwhinnie, Kingussie, and Newtonmore).
- Ward 2 – Highland(main communities – Aviemore, Boat of Garten, Coylumbridge and Feshiebridge).
- Ward 3 – Highland (main communities – Carrbridge, Cromdale, Grantown and Nethybridge).
- Ward 4 – Moray (main communities – Cockbridge, Glenlivet, Strathdon and Tomintoul).
- Ward 5 – Aberdeenshire/Angus/Perth & Kinross (main communities – Ballater and Braemar).
The Cairngorms National Park – Electoral ward map can be viewed here.
The elections are run by The Highland Council. Nomination forms can be downloaded from the Council’s website at: www.highland.gov.uk/cnpa
To qualify, candidates must be 21 years of age or over but need not be resident in the ward for which they wish to stand, nor the Park area generally.
Candidates must complete a nomination paper, which must be subscribed to by 2 electors as proposer and seconder and by 4 other electors living in that electoral ward as assenting to the nomination.
Information about the Cairngorms National Park Authority Board can be viewed on their website or by telephoning the National Park Authority on 01479 873535.
All nomination forms must be completed and returned to the relevant Depute Returning Officer no later than 4pm on Wednesday 15 February 2023.
Further information is available at www.highland.gov.uk/cnpa