- Findings show that workers across the UK are prioritising safety and quality over time and money in the wake of the pandemic
- The research has been conducted by WASP Site Safety in conjunction with its latest all-in-one product solution
NEW research being launched by WASP Site Safety has today unveiled the demand for advancements in site safety from construction workers across the nation. The research coincides with the company’s latest market offering, The Site Safety Box, an all-in-one solution to essential safety workwear.
WASP Site Safety was founded in 2019 with a mission to revolutionise the construction industry by taking the sting out of site safety, making it easy and convenient for workers and companies to access the best safety workwear.
Tom Skerritt, Co-Founder of WASP Site Safety, said: “WASP Site Safety was born based on a wealth of concerning industry insights – almost half of UK tradespeople have been seriously injured at work, a figure that’s frankly too high and needs to be dealt with. Our latest product launch brings an all-in-one solution to the market that makes it easy for workers to stay safe on any site.
We know there’s a demand here, our latest research found that 89% of construction workers’ lives would be made easier if they were able to purchase all of their safety equipment in one place. It also unveiled that just under half of construction workers reported ‘cost’ and a ‘lack of stock’ as the main barriers when sourcing correct safety workwear. Today, we’re thrilled to be launching the solution to these problems.”
The nationally representative survey was carried out with construction workers of all seniority levels and various demographic breakdowns across the UK. Key findings include:
- In the wake of the pandemic, 62% of business owners and senior managers in the construction industry have invested further into health and safety measures for their business.
- This trend is here to stay with a further 28% of owners and managers looking to invest in this area in 2022.
- Young people are even more safety conscious, with 93% of 16-24 year olds considering safety as an important factor when working in construction, more so than cost and turnaround time.
- 91% of 16-24 year olds find it difficult to source safety workwear, citing obstacles such as lack of stock (51%), long delivery times (38%) and expense (36%). Only 9% of 16-24 year olds surveyed did not find it difficult.
Chris McManus, Managing Director of ADI Midlands, a construction company based in Leicestershire, said: “The constant fear of getting stung with the wrong safety workwear does take a toll on my business. It’s a constant source of worry, making sure that I’m sending people to sites with the right equipment and workwear. A solution like the Site Safety Box is perfect, as it gives me peace of mind that my staff have the essential protection they need when they’re visiting sites all over the country.”
The new Site Safety Box offers six of the essential items of safety workwear needed on a site:
- 1x Safety Helmet
- 1x Safety Glasses
- 2x Hi-Vis Vests
- 1x Cut Level D Work Gloves
- 1x Ear Defenders
- 1x Ear Plugs
The Site Safety Box starts at £29.95, including free next working day delivery. Their workwear is provided by trusted UK suppliers and all of their packaging is 100% recyclable. Each box also includes a Golden Envelope with exclusive offers and discounts from trade-related brands. You can order now from www.waspsitesafety.com, and if you’re interested in wholesale enquiries, you can email email@example.com or call 01273 054280.