Scottish Salmon farm highlighted in celebration of UK’s most dynamic businesses
IT has just been announced that independent Scottish salmon farm, Loch Duart has been named one of London Stock Exchange Group’s (LSEG) 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain. Now in its seventh edition, the report highlighted Loch Duart as one of the 58 Scottish small and medium-sized businesses that are both dynamic and fast-growing.
Mark Warrington, Managing Director of Loch Duart, said:
“Being named a London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘Company to Inspire Britain’, is a huge honour for Loch Duart. We aim to produce the highest quality salmon with the lowest possible environmental impact and by maintaining our niche at the top end of the market for over 20 years, it’s clear our customers across the world agree.
“I’d like to thank our amazing team for their hard work, especially during this pandemic. We look forward to growing our business while continuing with the same, welfare-friendly, small-scale farming methods we’ve been using for over twenty-one years.”
London Stock Exchange Group Chief Executive , David Schwimmer, said:
“This report highlights the vital role of SMEs in driving economic growth, leading innovation, and providing jobs across the UK. In this challenging year for businesses, it is more important than ever to shine a light on these stories of resilience and entrepreneurship. The success of UK SMEs is crucial as we rebuild a post-COVID-19 economy, and London Stock Exchange Group is committed to helping growth companies achieve their potential.”
Statistics from LSEG 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain annual report:
- at the time the report was made UK food and beverage was one of the top three sectors for jobs created with the food supply chain employing four million people
- the Food & Drink sector is the largest manufacturing industry in the UK, contributing £31.1bn to the economy annually
- the listed companies generated over 42,000 jobs in the two years up to December 2019
- over quarter of the firms in the report are based in Scotland and North England
- Scotland is the most attractive UK location outside London for foreign direct investment (FDI)
Loch Duart uses small-scale farming methods that optimise husbandry and minimise any possible impacts, and invests heavily in the best, most nutritious feed. The company doesn’t use an off-the-shelf formulation, it has a bespoke feed, which is high in marine content to mimic the diet of a wild salmon. The focus is on producing the best tasting salmon – rearing every salmon to RSPCA assured and Label Rouge standards.