PROPERTY consultancy Galbraith has appointed eight new graduate surveyors to its rural business division, working in offices across Scotland and the North of England.
Ian Hope, head of the rural department, said; “Our priority is to attract and retain the best and brightest talent to join us at Galbraith and develop their property careers.
“This year those embarking on their surveying qualification face the additional challenge of virtual learning in order to became a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. Galbraith has adapted to changing circumstances and we offer a programme of support to enable our new recruits to progress in their chosen field and to reach their full potential.
“Our rural division has continued to grow in recent years based on the outstanding service provided to our clients. Rural businesses face a high degree of uncertainty but there remain significant opportunities for estates and farms, especially where good internet connection can be offered. We are investing in the future by further expanding our team.”
The new graduates joining the firm are as follows:
- Gillian Young joins the Stirling office having achieved a First Class LLB Law (Hons) degree at Aberdeen University. Gillian is now completing her MSc in Rural Estate and Land Management at Harper Adams University
- Claire MacDonald joins the Inverness office having completed her BA (Hons) Rural Business Management at SRUC Edinburgh
- Katie Marr joins the Penrith office having completed her MLE Rural Surveying & Rural Property Management at Aberdeen University
- Heather Warburton joins the Hexham office having completed her BA (Hons) Business Management at Liverpool John Moore University and MSc Rural Estate Management at Royal Agricultural University
- Rachel Urquhart joins the Inverness office having completed her BSc Biochemistry at Glasgow University and MSc Rural Estate and Land Management at Harper Adams University
- Andrew Sanderson joins the Perth office having completed his BSc (Hons) Rural Enterprise and Land Management at Harper Adams University
- Calum Chalmers joins the Perth office having completed his MLE Rural Surveying and Rural Property Management at Aberdeen University
- Edward Fletcher joins the Edinburgh office having completed his MA Geography at University of St Andrews and MSc Land Economy in Rural Surveying and Rural Property Management at Aberdeen University.
Galbraith is a diversified firm with significant interests in commercial, residential and land agency, forestry, building surveying, energy and estate management.
Galbraith reported revenue of £13.07m and profit of £2.90m for the year ending 31 March 2019.