LOCH DUART has celebrated 20 years of farming its world-renowned salmon in North West Scotland by bringing its team together from across the country, and beyond, for an anniversary celebration.
At a special celebration event in Drumossie Hotel, Inverness, over 100 of the Loch Duart team gathered to celebrate the anniversary. All Loch Duart staff will also receive a specially produced, 20th-anniversary commemorative book, which includes beautiful portrait photography of every team member plus some stunning location shots from the Uists and Sutherland.
Co-Founder & Sales Director, Andy Bing, said:
“Loch Duart is a company rich in history and full of extraordinary people. Our story over the last 20 years is one of continued growth and success and we take great pride in being an independent, multi-award-winning Scottish company. We’re not standing still and have ambitious plans to grow and prosper over the coming years.”
Loch Duart Salmon 20th Anniversary information:
- 1999: Loch Duart buys the farm from J Johnston & Sons Ltd, staffed and stocked with salmon which was harvested the week following purchase
- 2002: Loch Duart becomes the first salmon farm to be RSPCA approved
- 2004: Further expansion with Sutherland sites which suited their small-scale farming
- 2006: First farm sites established in the Hebrides
- 2009: Loch Duart wins The Queen’s Award for Enterprise (International Business)
- 2016: Hatchery pioneers environmental enrichment, to increase the welfare of young salmon
- 2017: Loch Duart recruits a Food Ambassador, a first for Scottish salmon farming
- 2018: Loch Duart launch ‘Salmon Pool’ initiative with their feed supplier Cargill Aqua Nutrition, to help target and fund local organisations and community projects
For more information on Loch Duart Salmon visit www.lochduart.com